Sunday, January 10, 2010

Time to Start

I have decided I need to get super serious about losing weight. Yes my sister's upcoming wedding has been the big decider, but also my family have been at me for ages to do it.

But also I need to do it for me! I don't want diabetes in another 5 years time. With my last pregnancy I developed gestational diabetes, so I have an increased risk of developing diabetes within 10 years from the birth.

This blog will be my food & exercise diary as well as any other rambling thoughts I might like to add.


Let me go back 5 years.

In May 2005 at 98kg, I decided to lose weight. My parents were overseas and I set the goal of 10kgs in 9 weeks. This kept me motivated and I stayed on track with healthy eating & regular exercise. Every day I walked the boys to and from school.

I easily reached that goal, and then decided to join the gym. Fifteen kilos later I decided I was done, but yes went back to regular eating, including far too much takeaway, and I ditched the gym or any form of exercise for that matter.

Before I knew it I had put all the weight back on plus more! I am now more heavier than I have ever been. I am not exactly sure of my weight, but am about to head off for a shower after walking on the treadmill, so will weigh myself then. :O

Me at 98kg - May 2005.



Me at 72kg June 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment